Last Updated: November 2022
Full Tank Limited (Tank) (“we” or “us”) respects your privacy and is fully committed to comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
As you use our services, we collect certain information about you and the services you use. We only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities and to provide you with our products and services.
Tank collects personal information about you in a number of ways, including: via our websites (including tankjuice.co.nz), social media pages, and internal websites or intranet, via our mobile and tablet applications; when you sign up for or purchase products or services; via CCTV when you are in our stores and when you interact with us and provide personal information by any other means including either physically or electronically (“Collection Channels”). You may also give us information in connection with applying for employment with us.
Personal information that Tank collects and holds may include your name, email address, delivery address, age, phone number, payment method, social media handles, account login information, details of our loyalty and promotional initiatives you are taking part in and your rewards from them, photographs of you and other identifying information you choose to provide via a particular Collection Channel. Some of the information you may give to us, such as age and gender, are optional and we will tell you when this is the case.
In the case of employees of Tank, we may also collect certain sensitive information (such as biometric identifiers) for the purposes of identification and provision of payroll services, where you have provided your consent.
We may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our website. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of the website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where the website is accessed via links in an email we have sent.
When you use our Websites or App, we may also collect personal information about you in the following general categories:
• Location information: If you permit an App to access location services through the permission system in your mobile device, we may collect the precise location of your device when the Application is running in the foreground or background in order to deliver your order or to send you alerts such as the location of your nearest Tank store.
• Transaction information: We collect your transaction details when you place an order via our Websites or App, including the products you have ordered, the date and time of your order and the amount charged.
• Device information: We may collect information about your mobile device such as the hardware model, operating system, preferred language, unique device identifier and mobile network.
• Employment information: If you are an employee in one of our stores or our support office, or a former employee using our Websites or App as apart of your job we may collect information about the training modules you have completed, the forms you have submitted, the approvals you have given or received and other similar information related to your job. If you are using our Websites or App to apply for a job in one of our stores or our support office, we may collect your resume, employment and educational history, preferred job classifications and locations, and other similar information related to your job application.
• Other information: we may also collect and log information such as your IP address, access dates and times, browser type and pages visited when you interact with our Websites or App.
In addition to the information listed above, in some cases we may collect personal information about you from third parties, including:
• When you choose to create an account or register for a product or service via a Website or App using a social media platform such as Facebook;
• When a third party has your consent to disclose your personal information to us, such as when you enter a competition or promotion administered by a third party on our behalf; and
• When it is otherwise lawful for a third party to disclose your personal information to us.
We may also offer you the opportunity to engage with us through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications. Through these platforms, you may allow us to access information associated with your social media account. We may use this information to confirm your identity and to personalise your experience.
Tank may collect personal information for a number of purposes connected with our business operations which include the following primary purposes:
• For the purposes stated on a particular Collection Channel;
• Provide you with certain content, products or services requested by you;
• Allow you to use and enjoy the functionality of our Websites or Application;
• Enter you into and administer promotions;
• Fulfil the obligations of any contract between you and Tank;
• Manage your orders and facilitate payment;
• Contact you with direct marketing materials and personalised communications via any medium including mail, telephone, mobile and tablet applications, and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future and, if applicable, as selected by you;
• Provide, maintain, improve and personalise our products and services, including combining the information we collect about you in order to have more accurate information about you and how our products and services can better suit your needs or to build a profile for you to help with loyalty and promotional activities we provide to you;
• Provide any technical, administrative or legal notices important to our Website and Applications;
• Customise a Website or App based on your preferences and feedback;
• Administer and improve a Website or App for your use;
• Compile and analyse statistics and trends;
• Provide you with relevant direct marketing materials with your consent when you use a Website or Application or those of a third party;
• Manage your employment or process your application for employment withTank; For monitoring, investigating and maintaining security and health and safety reasons at our stores.
In order to provide you with the information, products and services via this website, Tank may need to share, and you authorise us to share, some of your personal information with:
Tank’s related companies, including outlets participating in the Tank™ Rewards programme within New Zealand; or
Companies or individuals that assist Tank in providing products or services to you, such as marketing and PR agencies, prize providers, consultants and service providers.
Other than the types of third parties listed above, Tank will not provide your personal information to any other third party, unless we have your consent to do so or there is a legal obligation to do so.
A cookie is a small data file that a website may store on your user device. Cookies track your movements through different websites; they do not record any other personal information about you. Cookies are widely used on websites to help with navigation and to personalise your experience when you visit a website.
Tank uses session cookies to temporarily store information to help you use this website. Session cookies expire immediately when you close your browser or are deleted after 30 minutes of no activity on the website.
Tank also uses persistent cookies to personalise the user experience and to provide us with research information (such as how often you visit this website each month). If this website includes a"remember me" option when logging in, a persistent auto-login cookie may also be stored. The auto-login cookie will be removed if you log out.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your settings to prevent cookies being stored. However, if you do this, you may not be able to access or use all the features of this website.
Our Websites or App may contain links to external websites. If you visit one of these linked sites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of other companies. We are not responsible or liable for the content or activities of any linked websites, or for the privacy practices of third parties.
Security of personal information is important to Tank and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We require any third party who has access to your information to put in place appropriate security measures to protect your information against unauthorised use or disclosure.
You can request Tank to provide access to the personal information we have collected about you at any time. You can also request Tank to correct any of that personal information. You can send requests for access to or correction of your personal information to email@example.com.
Tank may make changes to the way we collect, use and manage personal information or to the website’s or app’s functionality from time to time. If this happens, Tank will update this Policy. We recommend that you review this page regularly to check for any changes to this Policy.